Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
Even if you love meat you'll still be satisfied by these filling and slightly spicy veggie kebabs.
Make and share this Barbecued Mushroom & Tortellini Skewers recipe from Food.com.
For the skewers
- 3 ounces mange-touts peas
- 1 1⁄2 lbs button mushrooms
- 16 vegetarian tortellini (cooked)
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- wooden skewer, soaked
For the marinade
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Soak skewers in cold water for 1 hr to ensure they do not burn when grilling kebabs.
- Push the vegetables on the skewers in following order: mange tout, mushroom, tortellini, mushroom, tomato, mushroom, tortellini, mushroom and mange tout.
- Mix the marinade ingredients together and brush the kebabs with the marinade.
- Cook on the barbecue or under a hot broiler for 3-4 mins on each side until the tomatoes soften and the tortellini are slightly crisp.
- Serve with a green salad.