Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my version of Chile's Monterey Chicken. It's easy to make and tastes absolutely fantastic.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb crisp bacon
- 1⁄3 cup barbecue sauce (Your Pick)
- 2 cups finely shredded cheese (I use a combo of Monterey Jack and Cheddar, but you can sub in your Favorite)
- 8 plain croissants
- garlic, to your taste
- Take your breasts and cut them lengthwise right down the middle. You want them to be about half as thick as they are out of the package.
- Season the chicken with your salt, pepper, and garlic to your taste.
- Cook bacon and set aside for later.
- Grill Chicken over medium heat until done (about 5-7 minutes each side).
- While chicken is still on grill, lightly brush on barbecue sauce on face of Chicken.
- Place 2 pieces of bacon over BBQ sauce on chicken.
- Generously cover bacon with cheese.
- Leave for about 2 more minutes (or until cheese is melted).
- Toast your crossaints during step 8.
- Make and enjoy your Barbecued Monterey Chicken Sandwiches.
Great with or without sandwich bread. I used Mean Chef's recipe #102449.
Great recipe. My family really loved these. And very easy to make. Thanks
So Delish. My family enjoyed this last night for Dinner. I followed your directions using buns. We had these again for lunch today. I just warmed the chicken in the microwave and put toghether per your instructions. Great Lunch. Thanks for a great recipe.