Top Review by JustJanS
I marinated a boned and butterflied leg of lamb for only 12 hours in the mix, and it was sensational. Juicy, full of flavour and something we will definately cook again. I served it with my Cumin Potatoes and Fatoosh by Fluffy #61245 for a great dinner.
- 6 lbs leg of lamb
- 4 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons mint leaves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 cm ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 large red chile, de seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pierce the lamb all over with a small sharp knife.
- Place the lamb on a large plate or container.
- Pour the marinade over the lamb and massage it into the meat, coating it well.
- Cover the lamb and leave it to marinate for 12-48 hours.
- Heat a Barbecue to Moderate-High and place the lamb on the rack, coating it well with the marinade.
- If possible place the lid over the lamb and leave it to cook slowly for 1 1/2 hours, coating it with the marinade and turning it each 30 minutes (if you like the meat well done simply cook for a further 30 minutes).
- Remove the lamb from the direct heat and allow it to rest in a warm place for 10-15 minutes before slicing.