Recipe by Chrissyo
Prep time will depend on if you wish to marinate the lamb over night. Cooking time will depend on how rare you like your lamb.
Top Review by Bergy
Wonderful recipe! I had a very small leg of lamb, butterflied and marinated it for 4 hours. The mixture of spices is so aromatic and give an exotic flavor to the lamb. Oven time was cut to 40 minutes and it was perfect-pink inside and golden out The recipe did not specify oven temperature so I did it at 425F
- 1 (6 lb) boned leg of lamb
- 1 bunch of fresh mint or 2 cups of fresh mint, chopped firmly packed
- 2 medium lemons, juice of
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 4 ounces orange juice
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the lamb in a non-aluminium container.
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade and rub over the meat.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or let stand for 2-3 hours at room temperature.
- Bring the lamb to room temperature, if refrigerated.
- Heat the oven.
- Remove the lamb from the marinade and sprinkle with salt.
- Cook the meat until rare, remove from the oven and allow a few minutes before carving.
- Sprinkle with a little chopped mint before serving.