Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a wonderful meatloaf that my grandmother always makes. It is a little different than a traditional meat loaf, because it is not real firm. But it is oh so good. (Makes great sandwiches the next day,too)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck (or beef, but it will be fattier)
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together beef, bread crumbs, onion, egg, salt, pepper, sauce and paste.
- Put into a 9x13 glass dish.
- Spread flat and then make some shallow holes in the top with a spoon.
- Mix together vinegar, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire.
- Pour over the top of loaf.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- You may need to spoon off some of the fat about 15 minutes before the cooking time is over.