Recipe by Sue Lau
These don't have a bbq sauce on them at all, but are cooked over coals. I like to have these around when having a cook-out and serving guests. They make a great appetizer, placed in lettuce cups and served with dipping sauces.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup minced green onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together ground beef, green onions.
- minced garlic, rice wine, soy sauce, sesame oil, corn starch, sesame seeds, and sugar together in a bowl.
- Shape meat mixture into 1" balls.
- Place on large pan and refrigerate for at least an hour to retain shape.
- Soak approximate 20-25 wooden skewers in warm water for 20-30 minutes (this prevents the wood from burning).
- Prepare grill or heat broiler (I prefer charcoal grill).
- Thread 2-3 meatballs per skewer and grill over medium coals 5-6 minutes per side or until juices run clear.
- Serve with sweet and sour sauce and hot table mustard, if desired.
- To prepare a simple table dipping mustard, mix mustard powder with a small amount of water to make a pleasant consistency; allow to ripen 5-10 minutes.