- 1 lb ground beef (chuck works well)
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar (apple cider)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first four ingredients.
- Shape into meatballs.
- Place into greased 9"x9" pan.
- Combine next 6 ingredients in small sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil, turn down and simmer gently until peppers are tender.
- Pour over meatballs.
- Cover pan with foil and bake at 375 for 45 minutes.
- Serve meatballs with sauce spooned over them.