Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe my grandmother used to make, and everyone loved it. I've made these meatballs as an appetizer or the main course of a meal.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Thoroughly combine beef, milk, oats, crackers, eggs, 1/2 cup onion, 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder, salt, pepper and chili powder for meatballs.
- Form meat mixture into 1-inch balls and place in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan. I usually only place 40 meatballs in the pan and freeze the other half of the mixture for a meatloaf. If you want to make the full recipe, use an additional 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Combine catsup, brown sugar, liquid smoke, 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder and 1/4 cup chopped onion. Stir mixture until brown sugar dissolves (will still be a bit grainy).
- Pour sauce mixture over meatballs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.