Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
- 2 1⁄2 lbs pork spareribs
- 6 fluid ounces maple syrup (the real stuff – please do not substitute!)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt, to taste
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- Place ribs in a large saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Drain and place in a shallow dish.
- In a small saucepan, combine the maple syrup, brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and mustard.
- Bring to a boil, stirring, and then remove from the heat and pour over the ribs.
- Toss the ribs to coat well, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Transfer ribs to the grill, reserving marinade and cook over medium hot coals for about 20 minutes, or until tender and glazed, turning from, time to time and basting with the reserved marinade.
- Serve hot.