Prep 45 mins
Cook 2 hrs
a very loved dish..serve with rice ...another recipe from my firemans fire house cook book..
- 3 -4 squirrels
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated onion
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco sauce
- lemon, juice of
- 3 tablespoons mustard (of choice)
- 1⁄2 cup blackberry wine (any brand)
- skin and leave whole.
- add salt and pepper.
- put in deep pan, put about 1/2 inch water in pan.
- cook 1 hour and 15 minutes, well covered.
- take sauce and pour over squirrels.
- cook uncovered fo 30 minutes.
- cook for about 30 minutes.
- put wine in after you cook sauce.
I agree with Guy. All of us who have been members of the Tufty Club should rise up and put an end to this wanton cruelty. P.S. I happen to know that Guy is a driving instructor and is an expert on road safety, so his review is both well-informed and professional. Plus - I once tried to feed walnuts to the squirrels outside my window. Ha!
I think this recipe is cruel as Squirrels are kind & friendly creatures. They're also very cute. Maybe it's because I grew up reading "Squirrel Nutkin" books and have managed to cross the road safely ever since.
This is a joke, right? NO-ONE in their right mind eats squirrels.