1/1 Photo of Barbecued Lima Beans
Hey Jude's Note:
Great baked beans for a cookout! Reduce the brown sugar if you want your beans less sweet. This is from the Chicago Tribune Food Guide. Prep time includes bean soaking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash beans; sort.
- 2Soak beans in water to cover in a large bowl 8-12 hours.
- 3Transfer beans and soaking water to a large saucepan.
- 4Heat to boil over medium-high heat.
- 5Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 1 hour.
- 7Heat oven to 350°F.
- 8Combine beans, bacon, tomato soup, onion, bell pepper, brown sugar, ketchup, mustard, and Worcestershire saucen a large bowl; mix well.
- 9Transfer mixture to a 13" x 9" baking pan.
- 10Bake until hot and bubbly, about 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecued Lima Beans
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.7
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.4 mg
- Sodium 623.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 27.0 g
- Protein 5.7 g