Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Since I love lima beans, I'm always looking for new ways to cook them, and I came across this recipe which is from New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes .
- Place the beans in a soup pot.
- Cover with water; boil 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, cover and let stand 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Prepare a 1-1/2 quart casserole with non-stick pan spray.
- Drain the beans, reserving 1 cup liquid.
- Combine the beans and the reserved liquid with the remaining ingredients and put in the casserole.
- Cover and bake 1-3/4 hours.
- Uncover and bake 30 minutes longer, adding liquid if the beans seem dry.