2 hrs 35 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Since I love lima beans, I'm always looking for new ways to cook them, and I came across this recipe which is from New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes .
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the beans in a soup pot.
- 2Cover with water; boil 2 minutes.
- 3Remove from the heat, cover and let stand 1 hour.
- 4Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- 5Prepare a 1-1/2 quart casserole with non-stick pan spray.
- 6Drain the beans, reserving 1 cup liquid.
- 7Combine the beans and the reserved liquid with the remaining ingredients and put in the casserole.
- 8Cover and bake 1-3/4 hours.
- 9Uncover and bake 30 minutes longer, adding liquid if the beans seem dry.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecued Lima Beans
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.1
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 661.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 3.6 g