Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 lbs stewing lamb, cut in 1 1/4 ",cubes
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon hot chili oil (or 1/2 tsp. cayenne and 1 tbsp. salad oil)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch sugar
- Combine all ingredients and marinate lamb cubes for 2 hours in covered bowl.
- Drain lamb, reserving marinade for basting during barbecuing.
- Skewer lamb; you should have enough for two skewers per serving.
- Barbecue until browned, but still juicy.
- Overcooking will dull flavors.
- Serve with nang (Moslem bread) or shao bing (baked sesame rolls).