Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe courtesy Mario Batali from his show on the foodnetwork, molto mario
Make and share this Barbecued Lamb Chops recipe from Food.com.
- 2 racks of lamb
- 3 -4 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into 1/4-inch thick half moons
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 oranges, juice and zest of
- 3 lemons, juice and zest of
- 3 limes, juice and zest of
- 1 bunch Italian parsley, leaves chopped fine
- 1. Clean and trim both racks of lamb and cut into 8 double chops. Chop the rosemary with salt. Rub the chops with the herbs and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil. Set aside.
- 2. In a 2 to 3-quart saucepan, heat the 3 remaining tablespoons olive oil over high heat. Before the oil begins to smoke, add the onion and cook until softened, about 7 to 9 minutes. Add the sugar and continue cooking until a dark brown caramel begins to form. Add the citrus juices, the zests, and simmer 5 minutes more. Add the fruit segments and simmer 2 more minutes, and remove from the heat.
- 3. Grill the lamb chops over the hot part of the grill 5 to 7 minutes per each side for medium rare. Remove the artichokes from the grill and arrange on a platter. Arrange the cooked lamb chops on the other end. Brush the chops with marjaram leaves dipped in citrus sauce. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.