Recipe source: Rosemary
Make and share this Barbecued Lamb recipe from Food.com.
- Place the lamb on a cutting board, use a sharp knife make a long cut through the flesh to the bone. Remove the bone and cut away the excess fat.
- Cut through the thickest part of the meat to open it out as flat as possible. Make several cuts in the lamb with a sharp knife and push silvers of garlic and sprigs of herbs into the slits.
- Place the meat in a bowl and pour sherry and oil over the meat.
- Chop remaining herbs and scatter over meat. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove lamb from marinade and season with salt and pepper.
- Place on a medium-hot barbecue and cook for 30-35 minutes, turning and basting with reserved marinade. OR tie up lamb and roast on a spit for 1 1/2 hours or until done.
- Scrub potatoes and then cut them into thick slices; brush with marinade and place them around the lamb. Cook for 15-20 minutes; turning occassionally or until golden brown.