Prep 24 hrs
Cook 25 mins
This is a KILLLER pork recipe you must try! Start this recipe a day ahead as the pork needs to marinade overnight and the peach relish needs to be prepared and chilled overnight. You can also make this recipe using thicker cut pork chops.
FOR THE PEACH TOMATO CHUTNEY
- 3 lbs firm ripe peaches
- 1 lb tomatoes
- 1 large red onion
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
FOR THE PORK
- 3 scallions, trimmed (use white and pale green part only)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons molasses (not blackstrap)
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (Tabasco is good, or to taste)
- 2 pork tenderloin
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, for basting
- For the relish (make this a day ahead and chill) cut a shallow X in bottom of each peach and tomato using a sharp paring knife.
- Blanch in 2 batches in a 4-quart saucepan of boiling water for about 10-12 seconds; transfer peaches and tomatoes using a slotted spoon to a large bowl of ice water, let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Peel the peaches and tomatoes, then halve peaches lenghwise and remove the pit.
- Cut the peaches into about 1-inch pieces, then coarsley chop the tomatoes.
- In a heavy saucepan cook the onion, ginger and salt in oil over medium heat, stirring occasionally until softened (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add in curry powder and cook stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Add in chopped peaches and tomatoes along with any juices in the bottom of the bowl.
- Add in sugar and lime juice; simmer uncovered stirring occasionally until the mixture is thick and the peaches are tender but still hold their shape (about 8 minutes).
- Transfer to a bowl and cool to room temperature.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- For the pork; in a blender combine scallions, thyme, salt, allspice, pepper, lime juice, molasses and hot sauce; blend until smooth.
- Place the pork in a glass dish and rub the marinade all over on all sides.
- Cover, place in the refrigerator for 24 hours, turning occasionally a couple of times during the 24 hours.
- IMPORTANT; bring the pork to room temperature before grilling.
- Prepare the grill to medium-hot.
- Discard any marinade in the dish, then brush the pork lightly with oil.
- Grill pork turning occasionally and basting frequently with oil until the thermometer inserted diagonally into center of pork registers 145F, about 15-25 minutes (I grill my pork just to 140F so it will not be overdone and dry, but still be moist).
- Transfer the pork to a cutting board and let sit for 15 minutes (the internal temperature will rise to about 155F).
- Serve the grilled pork with prepared chilled peach relish.