Prep 7 hrs
Cook 20 mins
I recommend that you try to avoid letting the wind blow the aroma of this chicken on your grill into the neighbour's yard, unless you are prepared to cook a second batch.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 6 fluid ounce soy sauce
- 4 fluid ounce white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 fluid ounce vegetable oil
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml dried thyme
- 2.46 ml allspice
- 2.46 ml ground cloves
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- 1 jalapeno pepper, roughly chopped
- Place all the ingredients, except the chicken, in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Make 4 parallel cuts about ½ inch deep in each chicken breast and place in a shallow dish.
- Pour the puréed mixture over the chicken and rub it in with your hands, making sure the mixture gets into the cuts.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
- Grill over medium coals for 15-20 minutes turning occasionally and basting with any remaining marinade or until cooked through.
This was absolutely incredible!!! The smell had us drooling and the taste was even better. Love, love, love the mix of spices. This is a winner and my family and I thank you for sharing this.
THE BEST chicken recipe I have tried in years. I used a standard griddle skillet thing (it is -2C outside) and it worked perfectly. I basted the chicken every minute or two and kept turning so the sauce became sticky and thick. Perfect, perfect, perfect! I served it with coconut and lime rice (recipe 178567).
YUMMY to my family's tummy. It was really good and easier than i thought it would be. :)