I recommend that you try to avoid letting the wind blow the aroma of this chicken on your grill into the neighbour's yard, unless you are prepared to cook a second batch.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 6 fluid ounces soy sauce
- 4 fluid ounces white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 fluid ounces vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 jalapeno pepper, roughly chopped
- Place all the ingredients, except the chicken, in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Make 4 parallel cuts about ½ inch deep in each chicken breast and place in a shallow dish.
- Pour the puréed mixture over the chicken and rub it in with your hands, making sure the mixture gets into the cuts.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
- Grill over medium coals for 15-20 minutes turning occasionally and basting with any remaining marinade or until cooked through.