1/2 Photos of Barbecued Island Chicken
Moist, easy and full of summer flavors! A great recipe that will remind you a breezy night on a tropical island. This recipe is loved by all ages as it is savory yet sweet from the pineapple juice and has an almost caramel flavor from the brown sugar. Preparation time includes allowing chicken to marinate. Stevia can replace brown sugar but I do not have the correct amount needed for this. Also please note that the fat and calorie count is incorrect as you discard most of the marinade. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken.
- 2In a large, shallow non-aluminum baking dish or plastic bag, pour 1 cup marinade over chicken (Reserve the remaining 3/4 cup marinade in fridge for later); turn to coat.
- 3Cover or close bag and marinate in the refrigerator, turning occasionally, for at least 30 minutes and up to 3 hours.
- 4Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade.
- 5Grill or broil chicken, brushing with refrigerated marinade, until chicken is no longer pink.
- 6Serve, if desired, with grilled pineapple wedges.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecued Island Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.6
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 102.6 mg
- Sodium 608.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 41.3 g