Recipe by sassafrasnanc
Moist, easy and full of summer flavors! A great recipe that will remind you a breezy night on a tropical island. This recipe is loved by all ages as it is savory yet sweet from the pineapple juice and has an almost caramel flavor from the brown sugar. Preparation time includes allowing chicken to marinate. Stevia can replace brown sugar but I do not have the correct amount needed for this. Also please note that the fat and calorie count is incorrect as you discard most of the marinade. Enjoy!
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup Italian dressing, bottled
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 pineapple slices, grilled (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken.
- In a large, shallow non-aluminum baking dish or plastic bag, pour 1 cup marinade over chicken (Reserve the remaining 3/4 cup marinade in fridge for later); turn to coat.
- Cover or close bag and marinate in the refrigerator, turning occasionally, for at least 30 minutes and up to 3 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Grill or broil chicken, brushing with refrigerated marinade, until chicken is no longer pink.
- Serve, if desired, with grilled pineapple wedges.