Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
Moist, easy and full of summer flavors! A great recipe that will remind you a breezy night on a tropical island. This recipe is loved by all ages as it is savory yet sweet from the pineapple juice and has an almost caramel flavor from the brown sugar. Preparation time includes allowing chicken to marinate. Stevia can replace brown sugar but I do not have the correct amount needed for this. Also please note that the fat and calorie count is incorrect as you discard most of the marinade. Enjoy!
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken.
- In a large, shallow non-aluminum baking dish or plastic bag, pour 1 cup marinade over chicken (Reserve the remaining 3/4 cup marinade in fridge for later); turn to coat.
- Cover or close bag and marinate in the refrigerator, turning occasionally, for at least 30 minutes and up to 3 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Grill or broil chicken, brushing with refrigerated marinade, until chicken is no longer pink.
- Serve, if desired, with grilled pineapple wedges.
Funny we chose to make this recipe on a nice cold day in December. This recipe made us forget how cold it was outside.
We made this for dinner last night and it was a big hit with the entire family! I love how easy the marinade is to put together and the combination of flavors work so well with this. This will become a regular dish on our summer menus for the grill. Thanks for posting!
I love this recipe! I just made it for our Labor Day cook out and it was a huge hit at my house. Everyone loved the flavor the chicken and wanted the recipe. I maranated my chicken overnight and the flavors still were not too strong. I will make this more often! Thanks for posting.