- 1 lb sausage, 4 jumbo
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1 chili pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce or 1 tablespoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare sausages:.
- Simmer the sausages for 2- 3 mins in boiling water, well in advance of the barbecue, this will get rid of excess fat and reduce flare-ups.
- Tomato Relish:.
- Simmer all the ingredients over a low heat for 20 - 30 mins., stirring on occasion. Season to taste.
- To Barbecue:.
- Grill the sausage for 5 - 6 mins each side and serve with the relish.