Recipe by Hwin
This is the best way I've ever eaten hot dogs. My mom made it for my family growing up and I still love it. Try it with mashed potatoes so the sauce can be used as gravy. The longer you simmer it, the better it tastes!
- 1 (12 ounce) package hot dogs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 medium chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and dry hot dogs. Cut in half lengthwise.
- Brown hot dogs both sides in skillet with oil.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour over hot dogs in skillet.
- Simmer for ½ to 1 hour. Add more water if necessary.
- If you want to freeze this, I find it's best to do it before the simmering step, right after you've added everything together. Just thaw and simmer!