Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great on busy soccer nights - kids love these!
Make and share this Barbecued Hot Dogs recipe from Food.com.
- Split the hotdogs lengthwise and place in a 13x5 baking dish.
- Saute onions and peppers in oil until soft.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Pour over hotdogs and bake at 375 degrees, covered, for 30 minutes.
This here's a mighty fine way to dress up a plain ol' hotdog! (My old man sure took a liking' to these fancy dogs!) I like to use my Granny's old crock pot, so after I done got the sauce made on the stove, I crocked 'em with the sauce fer 'bout 3 hours on high, then 'bout an hour on low. The smell in the old shack here was mighty fine. And they even tasted better 'n Granny's famous Possum Stew! (Let's all keep this here part a secret...) I'm much obliged to you, Joy, for posting this mighty fine recipe!
Thank you for this recipe!!! It is the only food that my kids will eat! it is very simple!!! but i think you should change the shape. it kind of looks like you know what on you know who. thank you, fred