Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This was my mother-in-law's recipe and it was yet another recipe of hers that I was very glad to add to my "tried & true" cookbook!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 cup rose wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb reduced-fat hot dogs, sliced into thin rounds
- Cook onions in oil until lightly browned.
- Add all ingredients except hot dogs. Simmer 15 minutes.
- Add hot dogs to sauce; simmer 10 minutes.
- Serve over toasted & buttered English muffin halves. 2 halves per serving.