Recipe by morgainegeiser
Great use for leftover ham and quick. Taken from the Taste of Home magazine.
Top Review by Chef1MOM-Connie
Simple to make, delicious to behold and enjoy. Sunday dinner was a ham so this was perfect for Monday nite dinner for DH and myself. More special than a plain ham and cheese. I added coleslaw to DH but not to mine. (it does not like me) Had everything on hand. Made of fresh italian crusty bread. DH loved it. Served with homemade chicken veggie noodle soup. A perfect Monday dinner. Made for AUS/NZ Swap 80.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 lb cooked ham, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup deli Coleslaw
- 8 slices white bread
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, mustard, thyme, parsley, garlic and pepper; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, cook ham and barbecue sauce over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
- Place ham and coleslaw on four bread slices; top with remaining bread.
- Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter mixture.
- In a large skillet, toast sandwiches for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.