Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This was found on the internet and the contributor is not known to me. If anyone knows who is the creator of the recipe, please let me know.
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 slices smoked ham
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple slices
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium saucepan, stirring well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes; stir frequently.
- Remove sauce from heat, and set aside.
- Trim excess fat from ham slices.
- Grill over medium coals 20 to 25 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
- Turn ham slices and baste every 5 minutes with reserved sauce.
- Grill pineapple slices over medium coals 1 minute on each side.
- Garnish ham with pineapple, and serve with remaining sauce.
- Variation Use orange juice and lime juice instead of pineapple juice and lemon juice.
We liked this recipe - nice bbq flavour & really liked the grilled pineapple. I was expecting the pineapple flavour to be in the ham but didn't really notice that.