Recipe by Chris Reynolds
This is my DH's favorite way to fix halibut. It is not a true barbecue, since the fish is baked, but the flavor is delicious! Another plus, this is very easy to fix. The time to prepare includes marinating time.
Top Review by Marcie H
This is a great recipe, so easy and quick. I will cut down on the garlic next time but that is it. My husband's a fisherman and we eat lots of fish. Frying fish leaves that fishy smell in the house so baking it is preferred. Thanks for sharing.
- 2 lbs halibut fillets
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the halibut fillets into strips, about 1" x 2". This is easier if the fish is slightly frozen.
- Mix the oil, the garlic powder, the garlic, and the salt in a bowl. Add the halibut and toss to coat. Let marinate for approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- Put bread crumbs in one bowl; the parmesan cheese in another bowl.
- Roll the halibut in the bread crumbs, then in the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees, approximately 12 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.