Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Made this for dinner last night and it is the way to go to barbecue chickens on the grill. The chicken is first seasoned and roasted in the oven, then finished on the barbecue grill. Makes it very tender and moist with just the right amount of browning and barbecue sauce. Can roast chicken ahead and refrigerate until serving time, then grill. Recipe found on the internet.
- 2 chicken, split in half
- salt and pepper
Lemon barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Combine all ingredients for barbecue sauce and refrigerate.
- Salt and pepper the chickens to taste and roast in a 350° oven for 45 minutes.
- Drain juices from pan and let cool for easier handling or refrigerate until serving time.
- Place on barbecue grill and brown for about 10 minutes starting with skin side down.
- Brush with barbecue sauce and continue to cook until nicely browned, turning occasionally for approximately 10 more minutes or until done.
- Watch carefully after applying sauce; it will burn easily.