Khandi Howard's Note:
This recipe comes from Stephen Piles Cookbook and is fantastic. My favorite shrimp recipe. We cooked it for the first time on vacation with my Brother-in-law and his family. They (as well as my children) asked me to simply boil a fairly large portion of the 10 pounds of shrimp in case they didn't like the barbecued version. Guess which shrimp got eaten?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 4 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 16 -18 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup blanched peeled seeded and diced tomato
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons scallions, finely sliced
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (3/4 stick)
- 1Combine all the ingredients for seasoning mix thoroughly in a small bowl; set aside.
- 2Shrimp (yields 4 to 6 servings).
- 3Heat the oil in a large skillet until lightly smoking.
- 4Add the onion, garlic, and shrimp; continue cooking until the shrimp are half-cooked.
- 5Increase the heat to high and stir in the Seasoning Mix, cream, tomatoes, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce; reduce the mixture by half.
- 6Add the scallions.
- 7Whisk in the butter by tablespoonfuls.
- 8Incorporate well and season with salt.
- 9Be sure to serve with a loaf of crusty french bread to dip up the flavorful sauce.
- 10This is fantastic!
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecued Gulf Shrimp With Cream
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.5
- Calories from Fat 301
- Total Fat 33.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 109.0 mg
- Sodium 214.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 6.0 g