Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth, no-salt-added
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 inches sweet onions (thick slices)
- 2 small sweet red peppers, seeded and cut into small bite-size pieces
- 2 small zucchini, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 small eggplant, sliced
- to taste vegetable oil cooking spray
- In a small bowl, combine first 6 ingredients and mix well using a wire whisk.
- Spread onion slices on a baking sheet and cover with next 3 ingredients; brushing vegetables with half the broth mixture. Coat grill rack with cooking spray and spread vegetables (cut side down) on grill rack over medium-hot heat and close lid, cooking for 5 minutes.
- Baste with remaining broth mixture and turn vegetables, grilling an additional 7 minutes or until tender.
- Serve immediately.
I made these tonight for July 4th as a healthy option sidedish! These were fantastic! Even my 10 year old loved the eggplant! Definately going into my "go to" recipes!
This was great. I followed the recipe, using my stovetop grill pan, and I used almost half of a large red onion, fresh ground pepper, and 1 tsp. minced garlic from the jar. I served these with baked lemon pepper/basil orange roughy. The taste of these veggies were nice and, since there are only two of us, I can cut these vegetables up and mix them with pasta and sprinkle shredded parmesan over it for the next night's dinner. Thanks for posting!
My husband and I loved this recipe. I'm not a big fan of balsamic vinegar and could not even taste it. Will definitely do this again. Thanks for sharing !!