Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsalted butter
- 12 green onions, chopped
- 15 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large unpeeled shrimp
- 1 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- to taste bamboo skewer, soaked in water 30 minutes
- to taste hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 3 tablespoons green onion tops, minced
- to taste lemon wedge
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add 12 chopped green onions and garlic and saute 3 minutes.
- Add white wine and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in fresh lemon juice. Season to taste with pepper.
- Transfer to large bowl and let cool.
- Cut shrimp down back through shell; do not peel.
- Remove veins.
- Add shrimp and 1 cup parsley to garlic mixture and toss well.
- Cover and chill 6 hours, turning occasionally.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Remove shrimp from marinade. Thread 2 shrimp on each skewer.
- Transfer marinade to heavy medium saucepan.
- Simmer over medium heat until thick, stirring occasionally, about 12 minutes.
- Strain through a sieve, set over a bowl, pressing on solids.
- Season marinade with pepper sauce and salt. Spoon into 8 small ramekins; sprinkle with minced onion and 3 Tbsp parsley.
- Place 1 ramekin on each plate. Place shrimp on grill and cook until just pink and cooked through, turning once, about 3 minutes.
- Divide shrimp among plates.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and serve.
These shrimp are amazing and we really look forward to having them again soon! Make sure you don't over cook your shrimp or they will be rubbery. Served with jasmine rice and pea pods it was excellent!