1/3 Photos of Barbecued Garlic Chicken
24 hrs 30 mins
This is my variation on a Thai dish call Gai Yang. It is a versatile dish which can be eaten cold at a picnic. It is a crowd pleaser.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the chicken in half lengthways, and if you like, remove the bones with a small pointed knife, leaving only the wing bones.
- 2If using chicken pieces, proceed directly to step 2.
- 3Crush the garlic with the salt to a smooth paste.
- 4Coarsely crush the peppercorns in a motar and pestle or a blender.
- 5Combine in a flat dish with the coriander, and the lime juice.
- 6Rub the mixture into the cicken on all sides, cover and refrigerate overnight, or at least an hour.
- 7However, this recipe tastes better if refrigerated over night.
- 8Barbecue the chicken halves or chicken pieces, turning the chicken every 5 minutes or so, until the chicken is no longer pink and the skin is crisp.
- 9If the weather does not permit, you can cook under a grill, (broiler) or in the oven.
- 10To serve the boned chicken, diagonally slice the chicken skin side up and place on a serving platter.
- 11If using chicken pieces arrange the pieces on a serving platter.
- 12Garnish with halved cherry tomatoes and curls of spring (green) onions.
- 13Serve with a salad of sliced tomatoes, sliced cucumber and spring (green) onions which have been seasoned with lime juice and salt only.
- 14A side dish of steamed rice goes well with this dish.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecued Garlic Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.0
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 114.0 mg
- Sodium 883.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 28.4 g