Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
....mmmm, good! You'd think they were barbecued wieners you'd grilled outside, instead baked in the oven. Add this with my favorite Potato Celery Supreme dish, and green beans on the side and you have a meal!
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 12 hot dogs or 12 franks
- Simmer onion in oil until golden.
- Add all remaining ingredients, except wieners; simmer 15 minutes.
- Split wieners; place cut side down in shallow baking dish.
- Pour barbecue sauce over wieners.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, basting several times.
Ohhh the humble hot dog. Welllll, this is one I'd save if a grease fire were burning down my house. To my firefighter son: What...you're not amused?
OMG. The best BBQ franks recipe ever. My husband is a picky eater but loves this. Will be putting this in my recipe box. And will be making again. Thank you for the recipe.