Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Cooking Light.
- 1 (1 lb) flank steak, trimmed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 slices red onions (1/4 inch thick slices)
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 4 (3 ounce) hoagie rolls, split
- Heat a grill pan over medium high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle steak evenly with salt and pepper. Add steak to pan; cook 6 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steak from pan; let stand 10 minutes.
- Add onion to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Remove from pan; cool.
- Combine ketchup and next 4 ingredients in a large microwave safe bowl, stirring well. Microwave on high 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
- Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
- Add steak to ketchup mixture; toss to coat. Divide steak mixture evenly among bottom halves of rolls; top each serving with one onion slice.
- Place top half of roll on each sandwich.