Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple marinade for flank steak or other meat. It is great served with sauted onions and mushrooms, baked potatoes, and a green salad. (Bon Appetit, May 1984)
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- For marinade: mix all ingredients in processor or blender.
- Place steak in baking dish and pour marinade over.
- Cover and chill overnight, turning once.
- Prepare barbecue grill or preheat broiler.
- Cook steak 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve hot.
I made this in the broiler, and now I'm looking forward to doing it on the grill too! This is an excellent marinade, the ginger gives a nice taste boost. Our steak was done rare in the time stated for cooking, perfect! Very easy to make, would be a great recipe to use for a summer gathering of friends. Thanks Ellie, I will make this one a lot!!
We loved this - so tender and delicious. I used fresh onions that I chopped extra fine and added 1 teaspoon of smokey paprika (I like that smokey taste). I made this on the inside -Thanks for posting! I can't wait for our summer to start in 2 months and I can pull out the BBQ.
Excellent - the steak had a great flavor and was very tender! The only change I made to the recipe was the addition of fresh ground pepper to the steak as I grilled it. Served with fresh corn on the cob and a pasta salad.