Cindy Lynn's Note:
I doubled this to 12 servings (for 8 people) and had absolutely no left-overs. Another one for my diabetic dinner guests, yet well received by all!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs salmon fillets (or steaks)
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon spice world ajo desmenuzado minced garlic or 1 clove finely minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (fresh or reconstituted from frozen concentrate)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1Sauté onion and garlic in butter or margarine until tender.
- 2Add ingredients through ground peppercorn (excluding salmon) and simmer for about 7 minutes, stirring occasionally; cool.
- 3Pour liquid into a zip-lock type storage bag (or shallow covered dish).
- 4Add salmon.
- 5Marinate in refrigerator 45 minutes (or longer if desired), turning after about 20 minute intervals.
- 6Remove fish from marinade.
- 7Place on well-greased, hinged wire grill.
- 8Cook 2 inches from coals for 3 minutes, basting frequently with sauce.
- 9Turn and cook for about 5 minutes longer, or until fish is done.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecued Fish Steaks
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.2
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 89.0 mg
- Sodium 628.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 30.6 g