Top Review by Peter J
I used this to cook some kangaroo fillets and it really was splendid! The flavors blended really well with the meat and the consistency and oil content was just right to give great results on a BBQ. The wine played quite a large place in the flavor so it's worth using decent wine, I used a good quality local Shiraz which worked wonderfully.
- 3 lbs steak fillets
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons soft brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine wine, oil, vinegar, tomato paste, mustard, garlic and sugar in bowl, combine well.
- Place in dish with meat to marinate for 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain meat, reserving the marinade.
- Cook on barbecue until just browned, brushing with marinade.