Prep 2 hrs 9 mins
Cook 45 mins
An interesting way to use leftover roasted duck (if you are lucky enough to have leftovers) served as appetizers with Hot Corn Relish Hot Corn Relish or your favorite corn relish. Recipe source: Coyote Cafe
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup cornflour (or finely ground cornmeal meal)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cilantro
- 3 -4 cups boneless duck meat, roasted and shredded
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- To make crepes, whisk first 4 ingredients (eggs - milk) together. Let sit for 2 hours.
- Stir in half of the cilantro to batter.
- Heat crepe pan aand make crepes (you should get 10 crepes out of batter). Divide remaining cilantro evenly between crepes, sprinkling over surface before turning.
- Divide duck meat, crepes and barbecue sauce in half.
- You will be making two cakes.
- For each cake, place a crepe dark side down into a buttered 9-inch cake pan, add some duck meat and barbecue sauce, repeat with remaining crepes, duck and barbecue sauce -- making 4 layers per cake. Cover with foil. Repeat for second cake.
- Bake at 350-degrees F. for 20-30 minutes.
- Invert on plates, cut each cake into 4 wedges.
- Serve with hot corn relish (Hot Corn Relish recipe #178036 or your favorite).