Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Serve this savory dish with a good garlicky bread. From the Western chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1 large onion, peeled and minced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 4 stalks celery, minced
- 4 tablespoons salad oil
- 2 cups consomme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 peppercorns
- 1 sprig parsley, minced
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 cups crabmeat, shredded
- Cook first three ingredients in oil until tender, but not brown.
- Add next six ingredients; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Strain and add the soy sauce.
- Cook crab meat in sauce for 20 minutes.