Recipe by Deantini
A neat trick to place the bacon strips in the husk!.Make sure to buy corn with the husk still attached. From the cook book 'Ben's Barbeque'. When we cooked this recipe the bacon did not get crip, more steamed from the corn. The corn had a delicious smoky flavour.
Top Review by Chef Jean
The only problem I had with this was that the bacon would not stay on the corn. It did add a great flavor and the flavor of the butter was wonderful too. I will try this again to see if I can get that bacon to stay put! Made for ZWT 7.
- 4 corn cobs, in their husks
- 8 slices bacon, smoked if you have it
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 red chili pepper
- 1 lime, zest
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Turn your BBQ on to medium heat.
- Pull back the outer husks of the corn and remove all the silks / strands but do not remove the husks.
- Place two strips of bacon on either side of each cob and season with salt and pepper. Wrap the corn cobs back in their husks and secure with string at each end.
- Cook the corn cobs for 30 minutes, continually turning them to prevent the husks from burning.
- Make the chili butter by combining the butter, chili and lime zest, season with salt and pepper.
- When the corn is cooked, place on serving dish, untie the string and peel back the husk.
- Serve with a dollop of chii butter.