Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
Father's Day Special--Simple Colossal Barbecued Shrimp--just wonderful!
Make and share this Barbecued Colossal Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- THESE ARE THE COLOSSAL SIZE SHRIMP, NOT JUMBO AS IT SAYS IN THE INGREDIENTS (CAN'T SEEM TO GET COLOSSAL SIZE TO PRINT.).
- Using a sharp knife, butterfly each COLOSSAL shrimp through the back area where the vein has been removed.
- Place them shell side DOWN side by side flat on the perforated grill.
- Sprinkle each shrimp with lemon pepper, garlic salt and a couple drops of hot sauce (more if you like them real spicy).
- Baste each shrimp with a bit of olive oil using a brush.
- Begin cooking on barbecue set at ~350°F (temperature will drop slightly when the shrimp are added). Continue cooking ~18 minute or until when touched, shrimp meat will spring back.
- We serve these large beauties 3-4 on a plate and allow our guests to remove the shell part themselves. (You can also remove the shells prior to serving.).
- This is great on a hot summer evening with vegetable salads, some crusty bread and a great bottle of wine. Hope you enjoy!