Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
To die for.
- 4 medium bananas, unpeeled
- 24 ounces milk chocolate
- whipped cream, to serve
- Cut each banana lengthways, through the skin, making sure you don't cut all the way through the bottom layer of skin.
- Place about 6 squares of chocolate in the cuts of each banana.
- Wrap in foil and cook over medium hot coals for 10 minutes, turning once.
- To serve- remove the foil and place the bananas on serving plates (skin and all).
- Pile on the whipped cream!
Okay, I messed with this recipe a bit, but it is a terrific idea for bananas! I used a piece of Dove dark chocolate for each banana and wrapped with foil, then baked at 450 degrees for about 10-15 minutes. Unwrapped them, split open the peel, and there was that melted chocolate on a warm banana. Delicious!!! Ate it right out of the peel with a spoon. No whipped cream needed for me. Thank you Miller, for such an easy and goooooood recipe!
We made these in my preschool class. It was so easy! I split open the bananas and then the kids filled them with Chocolate chips and marshmallows. We then wrapped them in foil and cooked them for about 15 minutes. They were soooo good, kinda like banana smores. The other teacher in my class loved them so much she is going to make more tonight for dessert. Thank you so much for the great dessert Millie.
Did these in the oven. They turned out wonderful! I took mini semi sweet chocolate chips and mixed them w/ some peanut butter and stuck the mixture in the bananas. Turned out real fine and seved them w/ vanilla bean ice cream on the side.