Recipe by Frenzy
- A healthy yet mouth-watering assortment of Chinese vegetable in a traditional Chinese barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, minced
- 200 g jicama, sliced
- 200 g cabbage, chopped
- 100 g bamboo shoots
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into strips
- 50 g baby corn, cut into 1/2 inch
- 1 big red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 4 tablespoons catsup
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 200 g tofu, diced
- 200 g portabella mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- In a cup, combine the mixture of catsup, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and all-purpose flour.
- In a wok, heat oil and fry the garlic, onion and ginger, then stir-fry the mushroom for 1 minute.
- Add the baby corn, bamboo shoots, jicama and carrots together with the mixture and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add all the remaining vegetables and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the tofu and simmer for 1 minute.