Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Posted for ZWT7. Marinating time is not included in the times.
Make and share this Barbecued Chilean Sea Bass With Orange recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb chilean sea bass fillet, bones removed, cut into serving pieces
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves (minced or pressed)
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- Rinse the Chilean sea bass with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Set the fish in a shallow dish.
- Stir together the remaining ingredients in a small bowl until well combined, then pour over the fish, turning the fish so that it is evenly coated.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 3 hours.
- Preheat a charcoal grill or the broiler.
- Grill or broil the fish about 4 inches from the heat until well browned on one side, 3 to 5 minutes; brush with more marinade and cook on the other side until the fish is no longer opaque in the center, about 5 minutes longer.
- Note: If cooking the Chilean sea bass on a charcoal grill, be sure that the fillet pieces are at least 1 1/2 inches thick to ensure that the fish won't fall apart when it is cooked.
This is just delightful! All the flavors work together wonderfully to make a happy dance on your tongue. I loved it! Made for ZWT7 South Central America.