- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 1⁄2 ounces green chilies, chopped and drained
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 small red onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 (6 inch) fat free tortillas
- 1 cup fat-free refried beans, canned
- 8 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 cup reduced-fat monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken, barbecue sauce and chiles in a large, nonstick saucepan; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until chicken is tender and cooked through, about 25 minutes Remove from heat and let cool.
- Meanwhile, combine tomatoes. onion, chopped cilantro, garlic, vinegar, oil, and salt in medium bowl until blended. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a large, nonstick baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Place tortillas on baking sheet. Spread each with the beans, then top with then top with the chicken mixture, scallions, and cheese. Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 15 minutes Top each tostado with the tomato mixture, sour cream and additional cilantro, if desired.