Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Quick, easy pizzas that kids love. From Betty Crocker's Grill It.
- 2 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups lloyd's shredded barbecued chicken (from 32-ounce tub)
- 2⁄3 cup chopped tomato
- 2 cups monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded (8 ounces)
- salsa, if desired
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Top each tortilla with 3/4 cup of the chicken, 1/3 cup of the tomatoes and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Place tortillas on grill. Cover and grill 5 inches from medium heat 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken is hot and cheese is melted. Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges. Serve with salsa.
- If you prefer a little less spice, use plain Monterey Jack cheese. Chopped red bell pepper can be used instead of the tomato.
I used two 8" wholegrain tortillas which I spread with a little tomatoe paste mixed with freshly minced garlic and finely chopped fresh basil and then put a little of the mozzarella on that and then topped with the chopped chicken (I used a 1/4 of a roast deli chicken) and then topped with the chopped tomatoe (I used 3/4 of a large tomatoe) and then some more mozzarella and put them on a rack and baked in a 200C fan forced oven for 15 minutes for a crispy based pizzas that the DM and DS thoroughly enjoyed - so easy to make. Thank you lazyme, made for Went To Market.
Very good and simple dinner last night. Bought some barbecue sauce, and added it to the chicken. Perfect cooking time too. Thanks for the post. A keeper here. Made for Zaar Stars.
This was easy and so tasty. Next time (and notice I said next time) I may add some diced onions also. I served it with pasta salad for a easy summer night dinner