Recipe by lazyme
Quick, easy pizzas that kids love. From Betty Crocker's Grill It.
Top Review by I'mPat
I used two 8" wholegrain tortillas which I spread with a little tomatoe paste mixed with freshly minced garlic and finely chopped fresh basil and then put a little of the mozzarella on that and then topped with the chopped chicken (I used a 1/4 of a roast deli chicken) and then topped with the chopped tomatoe (I used 3/4 of a large tomatoe) and then some more mozzarella and put them on a rack and baked in a 200C fan forced oven for 15 minutes for a crispy based pizzas that the DM and DS thoroughly enjoyed - so easy to make. Thank you lazyme, made for Went To Market.
- 2 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups lloyd's shredded barbecued chicken (from 32-ounce tub)
- 2⁄3 cup chopped tomato
- 2 cups monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded (8 ounces)
- salsa, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Top each tortilla with 3/4 cup of the chicken, 1/3 cup of the tomatoes and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Place tortillas on grill. Cover and grill 5 inches from medium heat 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken is hot and cheese is melted. Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges. Serve with salsa.
- If you prefer a little less spice, use plain Monterey Jack cheese. Chopped red bell pepper can be used instead of the tomato.