Top Review by Bergy
Dancer you continue to amaze me. This recipe is so easy to make and so good I did not know what"blackuce heat" meant but just put it back on the stove and simmered it for 5 minutes. I used skinless boneless breast but followed your recipe (cooking time was shorter).Great blend of flavors that complimented each other perfectly. Thanks Dancer for another great recipe
- 6 chicken thighs (about 1 1/2lbs)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup red currant jelly
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock or 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Put chicken thighs in a freezer bag.
- In a saucepan, heat oil and butter; add shallots and garlic, cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add jelly, wine, stock, orange rind, mustard and ginger.
- Heat until the jelly has just melted.
- Remove from heat and cool to lukewarm.
- Pour marinade over chicken, close bag and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Drain marinade into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Use as a basting sauce during barbecuing.
- Turn the barbecue to medium heat. Put chicken thighs on the grate, skin side up, and grill for 20 minutes.
- Brush occasionally with marinade. Turn thighs and cook another 10 - 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part reads 180ºF.
- Brush occasionally with marinade.