1/1 Photo of Barbecued Chicken Thighs Au Vin
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 chicken thighs (about 1 1/2lbs)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup red currant jelly
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup chicken stock or 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1Put chicken thighs in a freezer bag.
- 2In a saucepan, heat oil and butter; add shallots and garlic, cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until softened.
- 3Add jelly, wine, stock, orange rind, mustard and ginger.
- 4Heat until the jelly has just melted.
- 5Remove from heat and cool to lukewarm.
- 6Pour marinade over chicken, close bag and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- 7Drain marinade into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 8Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- 9Use as a basting sauce during barbecuing.
- 10Turn the barbecue to medium heat. Put chicken thighs on the grate, skin side up, and grill for 20 minutes.
- 11Brush occasionally with marinade. Turn thighs and cook another 10 - 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part reads 180ºF.
- 12Brush occasionally with marinade.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecued Chicken Thighs Au Vin
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.3
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 80.9 mg
- Sodium 95.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 16.7 g