Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 6 chicken thighs (about 1 1/2lbs)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup red currant jelly
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock or 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, ground
- Put chicken thighs in a freezer bag.
- In a saucepan, heat oil and butter; add shallots and garlic, cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add jelly, wine, stock, orange rind, mustard and ginger.
- Heat until the jelly has just melted.
- Remove from heat and cool to lukewarm.
- Pour marinade over chicken, close bag and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Drain marinade into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Use as a basting sauce during barbecuing.
- Turn the barbecue to medium heat. Put chicken thighs on the grate, skin side up, and grill for 20 minutes.
- Brush occasionally with marinade. Turn thighs and cook another 10 - 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part reads 180ºF.
- Brush occasionally with marinade.
Dancer you continue to amaze me. This recipe is so easy to make and so good I did not know what"blackuce heat" meant but just put it back on the stove and simmered it for 5 minutes. I used skinless boneless breast but followed your recipe (cooking time was shorter).Great blend of flavors that complimented each other perfectly. Thanks Dancer for another great recipe
Used chopped onions not shallots; chicken stock, not orange juice; added a few cut-up cherries to the sauce. Very tasty. Extra cooked sauce would be nice to pour over the thighs when served. 6-18-2010
Great flavors going on with this chicken. I made some up and froze some and had 2 of the thighs with some lemon rice. Excellent choice!