Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe gives traditional Mexican ingredients a modern twist in these fabulous tacos with zingy lime mayonnaise.
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled, stone removed and diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 lime, juice and zest of, finely grated
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- 10 taco shells
- cilantro, finely chopped
- Preheat a grill/griddle or barbecue.
- Mix the tomatoes, red onion and avocado.
- In a large bowl combine the mixed spice and herb mixture with the oil until well blended.
- Add the chicken to the cinnamon, oregano and cayenne and turn in the mixture to coat well.
- Cook the chicken breasts on a medium heat for 12-15 minutes, turning a couple of times.
- When the chicken is fully cooked through, place on a chopping board and slice.
- To make the lime mayonnaise, mix together the mayonnaise, lime juice and zest.
- To serve; fill the tacos with the sliced chicken, avocado salad and lettuce. Drizzle with the lime mayonnaise and sprinkle with cilantro.