This recipe gives traditional Mexican ingredients a modern twist in these fabulous tacos with zingy lime mayonnaise.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled, stone removed and diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 lime, juice and zest of, finely grated
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- 10 taco shells
- cilantro, finely chopped
- 1Preheat a grill/griddle or barbecue.
- 2Mix the tomatoes, red onion and avocado.
- 3In a large bowl combine the mixed spice and herb mixture with the oil until well blended.
- 4Add the chicken to the cinnamon, oregano and cayenne and turn in the mixture to coat well.
- 5Cook the chicken breasts on a medium heat for 12-15 minutes, turning a couple of times.
- 6When the chicken is fully cooked through, place on a chopping board and slice.
- 7To make the lime mayonnaise, mix together the mayonnaise, lime juice and zest.
- 8To serve; fill the tacos with the sliced chicken, avocado salad and lettuce. Drizzle with the lime mayonnaise and sprinkle with cilantro.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecued Chicken Tacos With Lime Mayonnaise
Serving Size: 1 (1688 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.0
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 38.6 mg
- Sodium 140.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 14.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: