- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup tomato sauce, no-added-salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, low sodium
- 2 cups chicken breasts, cooked, chopped (skinned before cooking)
- 4 whole whole wheat hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, combine first 8 ingredients.
- Set aside < cup of this tomato sauce mixture. Mix remaining tomato sauce mixture with chopped chicken in a baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture onto bottom half of each hamburger bun; spread reserved tomato sauce mixture evenly over top of chicken mixture. Top with remaining bun halves.